Tenants and staff had a celebration on Wednesday 1 November, to mark the 50th anniversary of old Trickett House being open for 50 years. A quiz, apple bobbin’ and a doughnut challenge all ensued – with fun had by all.
Please click here to view the images of the event.
SHS recently completed the refurbishment of 12 flats in Marchmont Road, Wallington, much to the delight of its new residents. There are now 9 large one bedroomed flats and 3 studio apartments.
Mrs Hillier moved in to Harding House in August and is delighted with her new flat and the security she has as an SHS tenant. Pictured with Daisy Bushby, SHS’ newest Apprentice. SHS continues to invest in providing new homes for local people in the borough – and to provide training opportunities to young people.
SHS is a local and responsive housing provider with just under 500 homes in the borough, provided at social rent levels. SHS used its own financial resources to complete the £691,000 cost of refurbishment at Harding House.
Last year, saw SHS open its new scheme, Kent Court in Hackbridge which provides 12 x 1 bedroomed flats. SHS is currently developing 23 new homes at Bond Gardens, Wallington and these should be available in the next summer. This scheme is called “Peppermint Court” and the name was suggested by students from the Beddington infants’ school.
SHS has recently reviewed its Vision for the future and the SHS Values that underpin our work.
SHS’s Vision is:
- Investing our resources we are proud to provide affordable, well maintained quality homes
- With charitable status and as a specialist provider of homes for the independent over 55’s, we continue to invest for the changing needs of Sutton
- Our highly professional staff are dedicated to responding to the needs of our tenants and developing a sense of community
SHS’s Values are:
- Passionate about doing what’s right
- People focussed and stronger together
- Professional and effective
- Caring, responsive and flexible
Our staff are committed to “living” the values and providing great services to our tenants.