As part of living in SHS Housing for Older People or at our Housing with Care scheme, Cloverdale Court, you will have access to support services should you need them.
The London Borough of Sutton is commissioning a new, targeted, high needs support service for people that need it. This will be launched in October 2017.
In the interim, SHS will provide a “floating support” service to those SHS tenants deemed to have a high level of support needs and who live in our older peoples housing sites. This support is provided by our Community Sustainment Officer, Sylvia. Sylvia can be contacted on 020 8915 2953 or by e-mail at email@example.com
Extra Care Housing
At Cloverdale Court in Wallington, tenants living here benefit from “extra care housing”. This means that SHS has a designated Housing with Care Manager on site Monday to Friday; this is Lynn Goodman.
Lynn works closely with the care agency based on site 24/7, Absolute Care, and with the staff from the Day Centre, also located within Cloverdale Court.
Our joint aim is to ensure that you access services you need to help you live independently and where necessary, assist with improving your general wellbeing.
Cloverdale Court offers a number of opportunities to socialise and meet other tenants at the scheme through arts and crafts, quiz evenings, fish and chip suppers and other initiatives such as meeting Nina the Therapy Dog, attending a pantomime, afternoon teas.
When you initially move in to a SHS property, you will have an allocated Community Housing Officer (CHO). Your CHO will arrange to carry out an induction with you (or if you live at Cloverdale Court Lynn will do this with you) and talk to you about accessing any support that you need.
“Floating support” means that Sylvia is not based in your building, but that she and other SHS staff visit our schemes regularly.
SHS Staff are happy to help
At all of our schemes for Older People, your CHO can help you with the following:
- Orientation in your new home and area, ensuring you have the opportunity to make new friends and stay connected to old friends
- Leisure and social opportunities (access to social opportunities in and out of where you live)
- Connect with our Community Engagement Officer to find out what we have going on at your scheme or others close by
- Chair based exercise classes in many of our older people schemes
- Employment and volunteering (if you are looking for employment or a volunteering opportunity we can help by pointing you in the right direction and supporting you through the process)
- Access to computer training and classes
- Access and links to lifelong learning opportunities
- Opportunities to be involved in how we run our services
If you have any queries about these services, please contact SHS on 020 8642 1500 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Sutton Housing Society making senior living a positive later life experience that meets the needs of individuals