Support Service @ Cloverdale Court, our Housing with Care Scheme
As part of living at our Housing with Care scheme, Cloverdale Court in Wallington, you will have access to support services should you need them.
At Cloverdale Court tenants living here benefit from “extra care housing”. SHS has a designated Housing with Care Manager on site Monday to Friday; this is Lynn Goodman. Lynn works closely with the care agency based on site 24/7, Absolute Care, and with the staff from the Triangle Day Centre, also located within Cloverdale Court.
Our joint aim is to ensure that you access services you need to help you live independently and where necessary, assist with improving your general wellbeing.
Cloverdale Court offers a number of opportunities to socialise and meet other tenants at the scheme through arts and crafts, quiz evenings, fish and chip suppers, film events and other initiatives such as meeting Nina the Therapy Dog, attending a pantomime, afternoon teas.
Our Housing Management Services
When you initially move in to a SHS property, you will have an allocated Community Housing Services Officer (CHSO). Your CHSO will arrange to carry out an induction with you (or if you live at Cloverdale Court Lynn will do this with you) and talk to you about accessing any support services that you need to assist you.
SHS has an Intensive Housing Management Service. “Intensive Housing Management” is an enhanced landlord service that is available to all tenants living in our Independent Housing for Older People schemes. This service aims to help those people that need it, sustain and maintain their tenancies. The service is generally provided by the SHS Community Housing Services team although other staff also provide services to you.
The Intensive Housing Management service can assist tenants in a number of ways:
- Advice & assistance to understand and comply with the tenancy conditions
- Individual risk assessments to ensure any risks are identified and referrals to support agencies made if necessary
- Regular welfare checks to ensure your safety and well-being (this will be at a frequency agreed with the individual tenants)
- Assistance in sustaining all aspects of the tenancy
- Signposting and accessing support from other services e.g. budgeting support
- Provision of Pendants for more frail residents
- Testing and maintenance of the Pull Cord Telecare system for those that need it
- Increased inspections and maintenance of the building, including health and safety issues, to address increased wear and tear to the property and facilities
- Assistance in claiming/managing housing benefit application
- Advice and assistance on using equipment within the property
- Advice and assistance regarding security of the tenants’ home
- Monitoring and signposting for social services care services
- Arranging repairs to communal areas, including fixtures and fittings
- Information and advice to tenants relating to use of communal areas, CCTV etc.
SHS staff are based in our office at Pat Shaw House, Ventnor Road, Sutton (apart from Lynn who is on site @ Cloverdale Court) and visit our schemes regularly so you are able to meet with them when you need to.
High Need Support Services
The London Borough of Sutton has commissioned a new, targeted, high needs support service for people that need it across the borough. You may see “Sutton Connect” staff (part of Sutton Housing Partnership) in and around your scheme as they visit individual tenants. This is a “floating support” service to those SHS tenants deemed to have a high level of support needs.