Community Engagement Independent Housing for Older People and Housing with Care
At Sutton Housing Society our Independent Housing for Older People and our Housing with Care is more than just a place to live. We believe it’s a lifestyle choice that enables people to live a positive retirement or later life.
We are committed to enabling tenants to be involved inside and outside of where they live to engage in meaningful activities, hobbies and social opportunities. We have a Community Engagement Officer who is committed to ensuring that these opportunities are available and accessible to all of our tenants in Independent Housing for Older People. We have a variety of opportunities across our schemes such as exercise classes and computer classes.
Laura regularly visits our schemes and has a noticeboard that advertises what’s happening at your scheme or at others close by, which you are welcome to attend.
- Interested in becoming a Digital Champion? please click here for more information.
- Please click here for information on the Gardening Competition Judging day details.
- For more information on Mystery Shopping at SHS, please click here.
- Please click here for information on the Guest Room Review.
- Age UK Sutton have been supporting some of our tenants with a 6-week programme of computer classes on some of our sites
- Five of our sheltered sites and our extra care facility have a computer kiosk where tenants can access the internet in their communal lounge, giving access to shopping online for food, home delivery if needed, easy access to leisure activities such as theatre ticket or travel bookings. Should you need any support with accessing the kiosk there is a telephone support line available free of charge to all tenants
Ways to have your say and be involved
Sutton Housing Society has formal and informal structures to ensure that there are many ways for tenants to be involved in all we do.
Some of the ways in which tenants can become involved are:
- The Housing Operations Committee where eight places are filled by tenants who as part of their role scrutinise our performance and are consulted with on a broad range of topics that influence service provision.
- Tenant focus groups/working parties where we work with a group of tenants on a particular subject with clear objectives and timeframe with clear required outcomes
- Repair Service tenant satisfaction slips and opportunities to become involved in the monitoring process
- Become involved in our newsletter group
- Help us reformat our leaflets to ensure they are easy to understand
- Become a Social Champion to work with us on the way we provide social and learning opportunities