For benefit enquiries as a result of coronavirus or for rent payment problems relating to coronavirus, please click here. This information is from Shelter, an independent charitable organisation that offers independent advice and support. If you are experiencing difficulties paying your rent, please also speak with your Community Housing Officer Lise Mellors or Lauren Durand.
When to pay your rent
You are responsible for paying your rent and service charge. Your Tenancy Agreement or annual rent notification tells you how much rent you pay.
Your rent is payable weekly in advance and is due on the Monday of each week. You may choose to pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly, but all payments are due in advance for the period you choose.
Paying your rent
You can pay your rent by:
- Direct Debit through your bank or building society. To request a form please call the Housing Assistant on 020 8915 2951
- Cash, cheque or debit card at any Post Office using your Allpay payment card
- Cash at shops where you see the PayPoint outlet signs, using your Allpay payment card
- Debit card via the internet at allpayments.net using your Allpay payment card
- Phone via the Allpay automated system, using your debit card and Allpay payment card on 0330 041 6497
- Text payments via Allpay, you will need to register online at allpayments.net/textpay to use this service
- Allpay App (free to download on your Apple or Android smartphone and tablets) using your debit card and Allpay payment card
What is an Allpay Card?
It is a personally embossed payment card which can be issued when you become a tenant. When you make payments at an outlet using your Allpay card, you will be issued with a receipt. It is advisable to keep your receipts until the amount appears on your rent statement.
What if I lose my Allpay Card?
The card has no monetary value to anyone if lost; but you must report the loss to us as soon as possible by telephoning 020 8915 2951. In most cases a replacement card will be with you within three working days.
How often will I receive a Rent Statement?
Rent statements are sent in January, April, July and October each year. You may also request a statement by calling 020 8915 2951 or emailing: email@example.com.