Sutton Housing Society is committed to providing the very best customer service possible to our tenants.
We have set the following standards of service so that our tenants know what they can expect to receive. If you feel that these standards can be improved, we would be happy to hear from you.
Click here to view our Lettable Standards.
- We will answer the call promptly and greet callers in a friendly and professional manner
- If callers have to leave a message for one of our staff, we aim to return that call within 24 hours depending on the extent of the query
- We will provide an out of hours telephone number if required for emergencies.
Contact us by letter or email:
- We will provide a full reply to letters or emails within five working days. If it is going to take longer for a full response, we will let you know.
Visit the office:
- We will ensure our office is accessible and has convenient opening times
- We will provide privacy for confidential interviews.
When you report a repair:
We will aim to complete repairs within the following times:
Emergency 24 hours (respond or make safe)
Urgent 7 days
Day to Day 28 days
- We will seek residents comments once the repair has been completed
- We require all contractors to comply with the Society Code of Conduct for Contractors
If something goes wrong:
- We aim to resolve complaints at first point of contact or within timescales set out in our Complaints Policy
- We will seek feedback on the service once the complaint has been closed
- We will respond to all reports of anti-social behaviour.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
- We will create opportunities for residents to be involved in decisions that affect their housing and services by consulting and supporting Resident Associations. We also welcome resident (tenant) members to the Housing Operations Committee and via this, to the Board of Management
- We will respect your privacy at all times
- All personal information we hold will only be kept on file or disclosed to others in line with current Data Protection legislation
- We will treat everyone fairly, professionally and with respect
- We will enable support to all our residents to maintain an independent life.