We should all aim to minimise our impact on the environment and by doing this you can also reduce your heating costs.
TRVST have an article on 17 Ways to Save Electricity at Home which we think is really useful.
If you would like to find out the energy rating of your home, please contact us on 07874 866 342.
Gas safety checks
All landlords must ensure that all properties that contain gas burning appliances must receive a gas safety check every year.
Our gas servicing contractors carry out a gas safety check on all properties that have their own heating systems. Housing for older people that are serviced by a communal boiler are also covered, but access to individual flats is not required in these cases.
Our obligations as a landlord
- To take all reasonable steps to ensure the gas safety check is carried out when due.
- Ensure all new residents receive a copy of the safety check in their tenancy sign-up pack.
- To allow our contractor access to their property to carry out the gas safety check.
- Any gas appliance owned by the resident must be fitted by a competent gas safe registered engineer and have a safety chain fitted.
A copy of your gas safety check certificate is available upon request.
If you smell gas you should call the National Grid Emergency Line on freephone 0800 111 999 (24 Hours).
- Open your windows and doors to let air in.
- Make sure all gas appliances are turned off and turn the gas off at the mains if possible.
- DO NOT turn lights on or off and avoid using other electrical switches and appliances as this could trigger an explosion.
- Do not smoke, light a match or any other naked flame.
Do not try and investigate the problem or attempt to fix a leak or a faulty appliance.
Sutton Housing Resident’s App
Our Resident’s App gives you 24/7 access to many services and to information specific to you. This simple tool means that everything from your rent statements to scheme information can be accessed anytime, anywhere with the tap of a button.Find out more about our Resident App
The resident app makes it easy to deal with Sutton Housing Society.Nigel Coo, resident